Re: Unidentified subject!

jhester@monosparc.mit.edu (Jonathan Hester) writes:
> displayed by pressing <F4> at the boot: prompt, the following special
> parameter is recommended for IBM PS/1's with IDE hard drives:

> Thus, I tried booting by typing the following at the boot: prompt -
>
> 	linux hd=934,16,254031
>
> (Running Norton Disk Doctor on my hard drive provided me with these
> values for no. of cylinders, no. of heads, and total no. of sectors.)

At least one problem here is with "total no. of sectors." That should
be the number of sectors in a head (i.e., much smaller number than
254031).

254031/16/934 = 16.998862419 = about 17

It looks like Norton made a mistake, but then again maybe my IDE disk
knowledge leaves something to be desired. :)

Bake