Re: newsgroup, instead of mail list?

Hi,
>>"Rev" == Rev Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@earthlink.net> writes:

 Rev> [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (8bit)>]
 Rev> On Fri, May 22, 1998 at 03:37:44PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
 George> It is a lot easier to follow a high-traffic list with a
 George> newsreader than it is a mail reader.

 >> Yes. I agree. What does this have to do with gateways, though?
 >> Why *don't* people just read mailing lists with news readers?

 Rev> There are no easy to set up news servers and you need a server before you
 Rev> can use a gateway as I understand it..

	As I asked, what does reading mailing lists with news readers
 have to do with gateways? I read all debian-* mailing lists with my
 news reader. Nary a gateway in sight.

	manoj

--
 How many surrealists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?  One to
 hold the giraffe and one to fill the bathtub with brightly colored