Re: newsgroup, instead of mail list?

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Rev. Joseph Carter wrote:

> I don't want news posts gateway'd back in here.  For that matter, I don't
> want wide distribution of my email address on usenet.  If someone has a
> machine and would not mind setting up a local (to that machine) news
> gateway, fine.
>
> I'm down to < 10 spam a day now.  I don't want 30 again.

Your posts to the debian lists have been gatewayed to Usenet for what,
nearly two years now? As for gatewaying posts from Usenet to the mailing
lists, that defeats the whole purpose.  It is a lot easier to follow a
high-traffic list with a newsreader than it is a mail reader.

George Bonser

Microsoft! Which end of the stick do you want today?