Re: samba

Ok, with everyone's help I was able to get it working (thanx!).  The main
problem turned out to be the "local master = yes" line under [global],
although there were a few other incidental changes which needed to be make
(such as the addition of a "mangle case" entry).

Since then I've come up with another samba problem, tho.  This morning I
was informed that I have been given dialup access to the NT lan at work
(about bloody time, but that's another story).  I've configured ppp/chap to
connect, and am able to successfully telnet to various hosts.
Unfortunately, the wins setting seems to be a stumbling-block.

In order for the local win95 machine to be able to connect to the linux
box, I had to set "wins support = yes".  However, the remote network
requires a specific wins-server address, and samba won't allow me to also
specify "wins server = ???.???.???.???".  So when I try to connect to a
share on the remote network, the request always fails.  So far I've spent
most of this morning going through the samba docs (as well as searching
web-pages), and can't seem to find anything to address this problem (or
perhaps I'm just to blind to spot it...).  If anyone has any information on
how to get around this (or pointers on where to look for it), I'd really
appreciate it.

Thanx!