Fix brocken bo system or upgrade to hamm

	Night before last I booted my bo system and the system wanted to be
booted in single user mode.  After running e2fsck there were several
hundred files in lost+found.  Several things such as sendmail and ps
didn't work any more.  After uninstalling several packages and
reinstalling them I have a usable system.

	I don't know exactly know what to do to fix the system and know
that it is fixed.  Since hamm is quite close to release is it a better
option to "upgrade" to hamm or fix the current system?