Re: updating through a proxy

Unfortunately, that didn't work.  Although dpkg-http doesn't depend on
libc6 iteslf, some of the items which it did depend upon eventually led
back there.  What I ended up doing was downloading the package-files
manually, and using "dftp select" to generate a list of updated
packages.  I then downloaded and installed them manually.

All in all, it wasn't as painful as I expected...