Installation

All

I am a LINUX newcomer and just trying to install DEBIAN Gnu/Linux 1.3.1 on
a 486. As far I understood I can ask for help here. If not please tell me
where to ask.

The installation went very well until I came to DSELECT. First time DSELECT
asked: "Insert the CD-ROM and enter the block name device". Because I do
not understand what block device name means, I killed the process. Next
time entering DSELECT the message was: $Unable to open/create access method
lockfile: Permission denied.

What do I have to do? Where can I find documentation?

Kind regards

Karlheinz Laping