RE: How to upgrade ?

All right, total Debian newbie question.  Is 2.0 out?  Is it available
at ftp.debian.org?  I'm pretty sure it's not what I'm seeing using
dselect to for the default "stable non-free contrib" sections.

> If you are comfortable manually ftping packages and installing them
> manually with dpkg -i then you can probably get away with this:

What does this do to dselect?  I assume it's non-harmful, since dselect
is just a front-end to dpkg (it is, isn't it)?

> get the following packages and install them in the order given:
>
> libc5
> ldso
> libc6
> ncurses3.0
> ncurses3.4
> libreadline
> libreadlineg
> bash
> libg++
> dpkg
> dpkg-dev
> dpkg-ftp
> libgdbm1
> libgdbmg1

When I go fishing into hamm for libc6, it says it conflicts with libc5
(which, of course, is on my system), so it won't install.  And libc5 is
kinda important, so I don't want to go ripping it out, right?  So how do
I upgrade?  Is there some magic version of that ldso that lets libc6
slide in next to libc5?

> Microsoft! Which end of the stick do you want today?

Great .sig!

Thanks in advance.

Chris

***
Christopher L. Goetzke            Integration Engineer
Christopher.L.Goetzke@cdc.com     Control Data Systems

"If you bring forth that which is within you, that which
you bring forth shall save you.  If you do not bring forth
that which is within you, that which you do not bring
forth shall destroy you."
-Y'shua, _Gospel of Thomas_