RE: X windows, Dselect, and then some...

It's "XF86Setup".  I don't recall where it lives offhand (and my
computer is in an odd state at the moment, needing re-installs of the MS
OSs on my tri-boot 95/NT/Linux machine; anyway, I can't get to my Linux
partitions right now [under NT]).  XF86Setup is in root's path on my
system, and I don't think I've modified said path.

> (3) Is there a program that will compare packages installed
> on my system to
> current packages on the FTP site and suggest / download all upgrades?

As has been mentioned, dselect can do this.  Yell if you have problems.

> (4) In dselect I accidentally told it to re-download a file which was
> already on my system.  However the file is 17 megs, and I
> don't want to
> download it.  Everytime I try to download un-related packages
> it insists on
> asking me if I want to resume it, then does it any way.

You could fire up dselect & make the offending package "on hold", which
is the character "=".  When/if a new version comes out, mark it back as
"install" ("*").

Chris

***
Christopher L. Goetzke            Integration Engineer
Christopher.L.Goetzke@cdc.com     Control Data Systems

"If you bring forth that which is within you, that which
you bring forth shall save you.  If you do not bring forth
that which is within you, that which you do not bring
forth shall destroy you."
-Y'shua, _Gospel of Thomas_