Re: tetex installation bug

On 20 May 1998, Thomas Vaughan wrote:

> No, that doesn't solve the problem, which has something to do with an
> environment variable, TEXMFMAIN.  Apparently there is a bug somewhere
> that causes TEXMFMAIN to be unset when it should be set.  I don't
> really know where to look, though.  Everything was installed just
> fine before I tried to update this morning, and so I suspect that
> others have seen this, too.

TEXMFMAIN is set in /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf and if you do an upgrade somehow
the texmf.cnf which is there is from the old package which doesnt have
TEXMFMAIN, the new is /etc/texmf/texmf.cfn.dpkg-new ... i moved it
manually, it then configured...

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
              HuLUG: http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/local/linux/