Re: tetex installation bug

 MCV> Thomas, You need to configure tetex-bin and -base at the same
 MCV> time -

 MCV> dpkg --configure tetex-base tetex-bin

: $ dpkg --configure tetex-base tetex-bin
: Setting up tetex-base (0.9-6) ...
: /usr/bin/texconfig: No $TEXMFMAIN; set the environment variable or in texmf.cnf.
: dpkg: error processing tetex-base (--configure):
:  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
: dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of tetex-bin:
:  tetex-bin depends on tetex-base (>= 0.9-1); however:
:   Package tetex-base is not configured yet.
: dpkg: error processing tetex-bin (--configure):
:  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
: Errors were encountered while processing:
:  tetex-base
:  tetex-bin

No, that doesn't solve the problem, which has something to do with an
environment variable, TEXMFMAIN.  Apparently there is a bug somewhere
that causes TEXMFMAIN to be unset when it should be set.  I don't
really know where to look, though.  Everything was installed just
fine before I tried to update this morning, and so I suspect that
others have seen this, too.

--
Thomas E. Vaughan                            vaughan@mail.nhn.ou.edu
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy                 home: (303) 750-7864