Re: Netscape 4.05 configuration

On Wed, 20 May 1998, Michael Sickelmann wrote:

> HI,
> I am new in DEBIAN LINUX. So I have some Problems by configuration my
> system.
> Is there somebody who can help me with my NETSCAPE 4.05???
> I  took the netscape.tar.gz package from Netscape's home. I had done the
> unpacking and running the installation script called "ns-install". In
> the README-file was a remark to set the line ""export
> MOZILLA_HOME=/usr/segment/netscape".  I had installed the netscape
> there! I done this, but netscape is not running yet!!!
> I hope that somebody can tell me all conigurations to do!!!
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Greetings
> Michael S.

For one thing, how are you trying to run netscape?  (if you are just using
the command 'netscape', you probably don't have it in your path.  Try one
of the following methods:

A)  in /etc/profile, add the path to netscape to your PATH, log out and
	back in again.

B)  cd to /usr/bin, and give the command
	ln -s /<path to netscape>/netscape netscape

C)  Use the full path and filename of netscape to start netscape

|           CTech            |
|  ctech@alabama.dyn.ml.org  |