Re: Netscape 4.05 configuration

At 07:38 PM 5/20/98 +0000, you wrote:
>HI,
>I am new in DEBIAN LINUX. So I have some Problems by configuration my
>system.
>Is there somebody who can help me with my NETSCAPE 4.05???
>I  took the netscape.tar.gz package from Netscape's home. I had done the
>unpacking and running the installation script called "ns-install". In
>the README-file was a remark to set the line ""export
>MOZILLA_HOME=/usr/segment/netscape".  I had installed the netscape
>there! I done this, but netscape is not running yet!!!
>I hope that somebody can tell me all conigurations to do!!!
>
>Thanks a lot!
>
>Greetings
>Michael S.

Michael,

	First of all what version of Debian are you running? It is Bo or Hamm?

	I have hamm and just installed Netscape using the Dselect program and work
just fine. I am not for sure but I don't think it will install Netscape 4.x
unless you have hamm installed. (The Dselect Program that is). You do not
need to try compiling or configuring Netscape. This is all taken care of by
the Debian Install Package.

	Again, need to know what version of Debian you are running then maybe I
can help a little. I have sucessfully installed both Netscape 3.03 on bo
and 4.04 on hamm. Let me know....