Re: How to convert Microsoft mail to Netscape mail ?

Rev. Joseph Carter wrote:

> On Tue, May 19, 1998 at 11:10:15AM -0400, Stephen Carpenter wrote:
> > "From" had weird charicters...8 bitters)
> > anyway..there is then a program on the net somewhere (search for it)
> > that converts from MSIM to Eudora...which uses the same mailbox format as
> > Nutscrape
> > (which is standard maildir format...used by pine etc)
>
> Umm, you mean mbox I am guessing.  Maildir is nice but it's not even in pine
> by default.  It's in Debian's pine, but that's because there's a patch for
> it.  =>

yes I do...oops

> mbox == one file with several messages
> maildir == several files with only one message each
>
> Maildir's layout have a directory with 3 subdirs, new, cur, and tmp.
> Everything is done in those dirs.

hmm interesting...I have always used mbox format...I think I looked at maildir
once...
I have a much more simple setup :)
I just have ~/mail for all of my incomming mail mailboxes...and
~/mail/read/ for all my mboxes of mail that has been read already and
I let mutt sort out what mail has been read and what hasn't.
maybe it is time to revise my system a bit...
BTW its sortt of another topic (ok completly) but...in mutt
what is the definition of = or + in a mailbox name?
I had the darndest time setting it up to tell it which files are incomming and
which read mail should be moved to...I got it finnaly but I couldnever
find a good definition of the differecne and what they actually
mean
this all reminds me...I was working on a project involving mail...I must
resserect that.,..
-Steve

--
** Stephen Carpenter ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** sjc@delphi.com **
"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and