Re: [off topic] Mail with no destination?

But Art, what I am talking about is a message with _NO_ headers
even so much as hinting at the _destination_ for the message.

Fetchmail, errored out (rightfully so as far as I am concerned)
because is was presented with a message that had no destination!
I say 'rightfully so' since it is pretty obvious that fetchmail
"knows" that exim has no way to determine what to do with the
message.

Actually, I think that fetchmail errored out because there was no
valid from:, sender, reply to:, etc. headers.  I am assuming here
that fetchmail actually was 'not concerned' that there was no
addressee of any sort but instead was concerned that there was
no way to 'bounce' this particular message so it just plain
refused to accept it (effectively blocking my ability to retrieve
mail from the ISP).

I have not yet received any (meaningful) response from my ISP but
I really do want to know how a message that has no destination
headers of any sort could possibly have ended up in my mail
account!