Re: PCMCIA card problems (Hamm)

In article <[🔎] 98hq1GAOorX1Ewhh@lynagh.demon.co.uk>, Ian Lynagh
<ian@lynagh.demon.co.uk> writes

>[CCed to Brian Mays (PCMCIA maintainer) and debian-user]

[Same CC]

>I am having problems with PCMCIA cards on my Dell Inspiron 3000.
>I have a 3C589D and a "Psion Dacom Gold Card Global V34 PC Card".
>I have a fresh install of Hamm from, IIRC, the 26/4/98 install
>disks.

I have fixed this by reinstalling and this time not using the updated
debs. This time round I also noticed the Alternate to configure PCMCIA,
although I am confused as to why it is not done by default? I'm
not surewhat I'm meant to put for all those options, but it seemed to
work and I can now telnet to the Linux box from the Win'95 boxen on
the network, so it seems to be working.

Sorry for wasting bandwidth and your time
Ian
--
Ian Lynagh - ian@lynagh.demon.co.uk
http://home.sn.no/~balchen/igloo/

Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?