Re: Fwd: Re: dselect oddities

On Fri, May 15, 1998 at 09:34:22PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Sat, 16 May 1998 10:40:23 +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
>
> >We are all volunteers here. Generally speaking, constructive criticism
> >is welcome -- unconstructive criticism just makes people leave the project.
>
>     Exactly.  I have been giving constructive critism and in return I have

Perhaps I am being too sensitive, but with all due respect I do not find
it constructive to say to that something is just plain unacceptable.
Instead, it would be better to say that you would prefer it another way
(or an option to do so) and could this be implemented in a future release?
With careful wording you can get people on your side and get what
you want; otherwise, people can get upset.

thanks,
Hamish