Re: dselect oddities

Hi,
>>"Steve" == Steve Lamb <morpheus@calweb.com> writes:

Steve> On 15 May 1998 16:21:52 -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> One can certainly put all new and all updated packages on
>> hold. There are not that many sections; so it *is* possible to put
>> ecerything on hold.

Steve> Then ask yourself this, would you put up with having to release
Steve> all those packages each time?

	Hell, no. But then, I like the current default: I choose which
 packages to install, and from them on I want the latest versions of
 all packages I have so chosen.

	Seems to me you want to choose which packages to upgrade. I
 showed you how it would never upgrade any package you did not
 explicitly ask to upgrade (by releasing the hold on the
 package). Make up your mind. Either you want to select packages to
 upgrade, or you don't. If you do, hold everything, and release what
 you want. If you don't, the current default works. Wheres the beef?

	manoj
--
 The evil he has done himself and which had its origin and being in
 himself breaks a fool, like a diamond breaks a precious stone. 161