Re: [Modem] No BUSY tone detect in SPAIN

On Fri, May 15, 1998 at 12:30:26AM +0200, Pancho Horrillo wrote:
> 	I have a little problem w/ my modems. They don't return the BUSY
> error code, when it should be triggered by the BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-... ;-)
>
> 	Mine is an E-Tech 56K-RPV, but the same problem has been observed
> in other modems (like Supra 33600, and in other rockwell-based modems).

You have to use an AT*NCx command to set your country (x is the country).
The codes are a bit non-standard, you will have to check the manual
or Supra's command list or something to get the value. Not all Rockwell
modems have it, Supra does though. I have to use it on my Supra for
Australian tones. My Australian-packaged Rockwell modem works
without it though.

Hamish