[Modem] No BUSY tone detect in SPAIN

Hi!
	I have a little problem w/ my modems. They don't return the BUSY
error code, when it should be triggered by the BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-... ;-)

	Mine is an E-Tech 56K-RPV, but the same problem has been observed
in other modems (like Supra 33600, and in other rockwell-based modems).

	My guess is that spanish telephonic stantdards are not the same as
US's ones, so BUSY tone here is different from there.

	I have upgraded my modem firmware (v1.12 now) with no
positive effect.

	I have tried with ATX{1-4},ATV{0-1}, ... with no effect.

	I have read the manual, but I can't find any references to country
stantdards other than make/break ratio for tone dialing (&P{0-3}).

	The problem is nasty, since the 'ABORT BUSY' is useless, and so,
when trying to connect, if the line is busy, 'chat' won't notice, so a
'kill chat' is required, if you don't want to wait for the timeout to
arrive.

	I would appreciate any comments, suggestions, ideas, advices...

	Thank You very much in advance.

--
Pancho Horrillo
pancho@jet.es