Re: Problems with KDE, emacs and xemacs

On Wed, 13 May 1998, Ionut Borcoman wrote:

> Will Lowe wrote:
> >
> > > Can somebody give me a solution:
> > > 1. to make EMACS work OK with KDE
> > Play with the default font settings in KDE.  Mine did this too,  at first,
> > I changed the fonts around a few times,  and now it's working fine.  I
> > think it has to do partially with the difference between proportional and
> > non-proportional fonts.
> Yes, I think the same. But I've try with all the fonts from the
> fontmanager with no success. What are your settings ?
>
> Ionutz
>
> > > 2. to change .emacs to work with XEMACS.
> > Someone just posted a test for emacs version.  I also keep extra font-lock
> > settings and stuff around in a .xemacs-extras and do a load-file on them
> > if .emacs determines that we're really running xemacs.
> Why should I test it ? If I simply go to the menu and give Help->Ahow
> version...
> it responds it's a GNU Emacs 20.2.2. Is this important ?

To conditionally run different sections of the .emacs file.

*   For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son,  *
*   that whoever believes in Him should not perish...    John 3:16  *
* W. Paul Mills            *  Topeka, Kansas, U.S.A.                *
* wpmills@midusa.net       *  http://homepage.midusa.net/~wpmills/  *
* wpmills@networksplus.net *  http://www.networksplus.net/wpmills/  *
* Bill, I was there several years ago, why would I want to go back? *