RE: XDM doesn't work [SOLVED]

Everyone can relax on XDM - seems I managed to
introduce an error in the setup that caused the
problems.  I had in my /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers file
a -bpp 16 setting that the server didn't like.

Now I need to figure out the proper mode lines and
settings to get it to work at 1024x768 -bpp 16.
Winblows can do it with my video card / monitor, and
I would *hate* to say I can do something in that
OS that Linux can't ;-)

Thanks to everyone who offered help and suggestions!!

Pat