Static routing through dynamic interface

Good evening,

	I'm having some stressful difficulties with some routing issues.
I've got a modem server with 16 modems on a Cyclades serial port box.  I'm
trying to statically route six Ip addresses
(204.186.230.8/255.255.255.248) "down" one of those modems.  I can do so,
but anytime the modem "hangs up", the associated ppp# interface goes down,
and the static route goes away.

	I need to "glue" this route in place, even if it ends up forcing
me to discard packets in the modem server.  I've been unsuccessful running
RIP between the client and the server, even with statically configured
hosts in /etc/gateways.  I seem to be semi-successful using RIP on my
Cisco to redistribute static routes, but that's definitely asking for
trouble, and a pain to manage (in a way).

	Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.  The gateway of
choice is 204.186.230.177 for any who are curious.

Pete

--
Peter J. Templin, Jr.
Systems and Networks Administrator