Re: Linux and ADSL

Cable modem down here in SotuhWest Florida cost about $35 per month.
They put an ethernet card in your computer, but it is not bidirectional
yet. You still have to dial in with a modem. So uploading is slow, the
speed of the modem.

Is there going to be a standard on cable modems or is every single cable
company going to do their own thing, and then no one will have any
descent drivers and stuff. Or does it not matter is it all running
through the ethernet card therefore all you need is the ethernet adapter
driver. That would be nice.

Keith