Re: zip disks unreadable

On Mon, May 11, 1998 at 08:37:08PM -0400, David B Wilson wrote:
> I'm confused by your message.  You use /dev/sda4 with a parallel port
> zip drive?
Yes
It seems to me that they come formatted with 1 partition...which is partition
4 (for no apprent reason)
> Is "insmod ppa" only for parallel port zip drives, or for
> scsi too?
It is for the parallel port versions...its the "Fake SCSI" driver
(least thats what I call it)
> Mine is scsi.  I have exactly one scsi device (the zip drive)
I wish I have bought SCSI/....

> and have in the past used /dev/sda.  Do the disks normally come preformatted
> with four partitions?  Why don't you notice the other partitions when
> writing/reading from a mac or w95?  What are the first three partitions for?
Maybe it is only on the paralel port?
try this...run fdisk on /dev/sda
and hit p to see the partition table...thats how I figured it out
when /dev/sda alone did not work

--
** Stephen Carpenter ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** sjc@delphi.com **
"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and