Re: zip disks unreadable

On Mon, May 11, 1998 at 08:00:04PM -0400, David B Wilson wrote:
> Macs can read zip disks in either mac format or msdos format (as preformatted,
> though not as formatted under Linux).  So the interchangeability options
> that I seem to have right now are either
>   mac & w95
> or else
>   linux & w95
>
>   Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the format on zip / jazz disks OS
>   specific?  Meaning you can't interchange them between 95 / mac ? (Linex / 95
>   will work because they both accept the same FAT).

I have never tried but....
Macintosh computers can generally read FAT formatted disks.
I would bet that the Mac can read the "95" formatted disks but
not vice versa
as for linux...
did you check what partition? I know when I use my Zip Drive (parallel port)
it is "insmod ppa" to get it ready to use...then
I find the disks are partitiond (try /dev/sda4 I think thats where mine
are...asuming you don't have any other SCSI drives)
-Steve

--
** Stephen Carpenter ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** sjc@delphi.com **
"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and