Re: zip disks unreadable

I'm confused by your message.  You use /dev/sda4 with a parallel port
zip drive?  Is "insmod ppa" only for parallel port zip drives, or for
scsi too?  Mine is scsi.  I have exactly one scsi device (the zip drive)
and have in the past used /dev/sda.  Do the disks normally come preformatted
with four partitions?  Why don't you notice the other partitions when
writing/reading from a mac or w95?  What are the first three partitions for?
  David

   I have never tried but....
   Macintosh computers can generally read FAT formatted disks.
   I would bet that the Mac can read the "95" formatted disks but
   not vice versa
   as for linux...
   did you check what partition? I know when I use my Zip Drive (parallel port)
   it is "insmod ppa" to get it ready to use...then
   I find the disks are partitiond (try /dev/sda4 I think thats where mine
   are...asuming you don't have any other SCSI drives)
   -Steve