Re: Sound card support

>  You'll have to compile the kernel and configure the sound support there.

:( Newbie alert. I'll read the FAQs etc.

>  I think you can get sound out of that by selecting MSS, MPU401 and OPL-3
>  options and using isapnptools to initialize the chip. (hint: compile the sound
>  support as modules). Isapnptools is a separate package. What kernel-version
>  are you using ?

The kernel headers etc. I've downloaded are the latest ones (2.0.33-8 for
the source, 2.0.32-5 for the headers. I guess I'd better get ones that
match :) ). How do I configure the sound support as modules?

Thanks,

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Steward-elect of the Cambridge Tolkien Society
Selwyn College Computer Support
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Chamber/8841/
http://www.cam.ac.uk/CambUniv/Societies/tolkien/
http://pick.sel.cam.ac.uk/