Re: ssh question

On Sun, May 10, 1998 at 03:28:40PM -0400, Norbert Veber wrote:
> yes, but even then ssh asks for a password, I've tried every authentication
> method described in the ssh man page, but I couldn't get it to login without
> manual authentication
rhosts with RSA host authentication is what you wish.

Be aware that there had been a ssh verision in the debian archives that
didn't try this authentication. The current one is ok.

You will need to have the other host id in your ~/.ssh/known_hosts
and the name in ~/.shosts

Works fine here.

Nils

| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper               |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit      |
* W>working today and rise on easter?                                         *