How to administer Debian Linux cluster? [Re: How to build Debian Linux cluster?]

I have a related question.  We are considering putting together a
collection of Linux machines, but our major concern is
administration.  Because we are the fortunate recipients of
government funding, we are in the situation where we can fairly
easily purchase hardware, but there is no way we can afford to
hire someone to administer the hardware.  That means that we need
to come up with a collaborative administration scheme that keeps
things fairly simple while maintaining security.  Any comments on
successful (or not so successful) schemes?

Regards, Mike

--
Michael A. Miller                                miller5@uiuc.edu
  Department of Physics, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign