Re: crt1.o problem

I show crt1.o in '/usr/lib' and in '/usr/i486-linuxlibc/'.
and:
bash-2.01$ dpkg -S crt1.o
libc5-altdev: /usr/i486-linuxlibc1/lib/crt1.o
libc6-dev: /usr/lib/crt1.o
(deleted lines where 'crt1.o' was a substring)

On Tue, May 05, 1998 at 06:27:20AM +0700, Michael Acklin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 	I am having a problem compiling some of my programs and they all complain
> about not finding crt1.o. I have done a "find . -name crt1.o -print" on my
> system and can not find that file. I had a crash last week and did a full
> restore of my system from a backup the day prior to the crash.
>
> 	Now when i try to compile the same programs that I had compiled prior to
> the crash, they all complain about the same file. It will say "ln - crt1.o,
> file or directory not found." Does any one know what package this file is
> in so I can reinstall the package? I was thinking it was the libc5
> libraries, as I am running Debian 1.3, Linux 2.029 kernel. Thought it might
> be one of the C Run Time files, but why the restore program didn't restore
> it is beyond me. Didn't want to reinstall everything until I checked with
> y'all as I have a lot of respect for this group and have always been able
> to get answers to many questions, even if I don't ask them. I get a lot of
> information from others that ask.
>
> 	Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.....
>

> Mike

best,
-bill
                bleach@BellSouth.net
           b.leach@usa.net  LinuxPC@Hotmail.com
from a 1996 Micro$loth ad campaign:
"The less you know about computers the more you want Micro$oft!"
         See!  They do get some things right!