x-fer /home to new drive?!

Yo-

I have had my sytem running on a WD 2.1G for over a year but I just bought
a Mylex SCSI card and a WD Enterprise drive.  I have everything working
fine but now I want to mount /home on its own partition on the new faster
drive.  What is the best way to accomplish this?  Is it even advisable?

TIA,

-Ian