Re: whoop

I know what you mean... it is easy to have the "OS Poitics" startup.
Unfortunatly (ive had this problem too) In the state things are in now
you hafat be careful what you buy when you use linux
Unfortunaly even I am just now starting to get to the point of being
 able to look and figure out what I can use and what I can't.
REcently I bought a new SCSI card (a recnet thread in here was my fight
with it...damned BIOS Plug N Pray stuff)
I litterally went into the kernel source code and wrote dowen a list
of every card that I saw mentioned as useable and went to
a store with my list
I said to the guy "This is a list of what I can use and I wont buy
anything bu tone of these"
(not to mention I have an Ensoniq AudioPCI soundcard..
which means I hafta buy OSS/Linux for sound)
I wish I could help...form what I have heard those are nice cards (the
VooDoo) and I know one of them is suported
-Steve