STARTING UP EMACS

If you contact me I will send some more information.

I have me .emacs stuff all byte compiled.  When I edit .emacs.el, the compiled
file is .emacs.elc.  There are two ways to have this loaded.  I used to just
link .emacs to .emacs.elc.  That doesn't sit well with some things that
emacs20 does (can't remember what) or possibly with packages that may install
some lines to .emacs when installed.

Now I have .emacs load .emacs.elc.

There are some lines of code to place in .emacs.el so that it is automatically
byte compiled whenever it is saved.  I'll send it upon request.

Oh, and yes there is a considerable speed up of starting up emacs.

Alan Davis

--
Alan E. Davis                       Marianas High School (Science Department)

AAA196, Box 10001    adavis@netpci.com   http://www.saipan.netpci.com/~adavis

Saipan, MP  96950    15.16oN 145.7oE    GMT+10       Northern Mariana Islands