Re: How to speed up the EMACS at start-up ?

Hi,

Thanks to all for the quick answer. The

$ emacs -batch -q -no-site-file -f batch-byte-compile <source-file(s)>

is what I've wanted. But this leads me to another question: now, as a 'system
adminstrator" of my own PC, I just wonder which is the right way to add files
to emacs and to make them available to those who are working on my computer.
For instance, I want to add the JDE and don't know exactly were to put it and
how to make it system available.

Some advices would be welcome, especially as I'm a newbye in Emacs, Linux,
etc...

TIA,

Ionutz