HELP - Host/IP mismatch causing mail denial

I have recently discovered that some mail being sent to my machine is
being denied by smtpd due to a host/ip mismatch. I value the security but
need to know this is happening. I have missed some very important mail
today because of it (don't know why I decided to check /var/log/daemon.log
just now but I am glad I did). Anyway, I was going to set up a simple
cronjob something like "grep deny /var/log/daemon.log" to let me know
about these but I was wondering if there is a better way to do this. Can I
get smail to somehow mail me immediately when this happens? Is ther
another way? Any help is gratefully appreciated. Cheers, Colin.

--
Colin Telmer, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
<mailto:telmerco@telmer.com>