Re: Web Browsers without xwindows?

On Mon, 27 Apr 1998, Keith Alen Vance wrote:

> I am new to Linux and have installed Debian 1.3 without xwindows. I want
> to do as much if not everything I can without using xwindows or some
> other windows like interface. I would like to know if there is a web
> browser that I can use that does not require some type of Windows
> interface. I am just trying to learn everything about Linux and want to
> learn the hard way. Anyone can point and click. If I wanted to do that I
> would have installed Windows 95 or bought a Mac. Not that in the future I
> might not want to go to xwindows or something but for now I want to learn
> the nitty gritty.

Mind you, it's not as if X-Windows suddenly turns Linux into MacOS. Most
windows managers don't provide flashy icons for everything, so you end up
executing most things from Xterms. These days I mostly use X as a platform
for lots of xterms. Plus the odd Xemacs window (which also doesn't get
vastly easier to use in a windowing environment), and the odd graphical
web-browser.

Andrew Tarr

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate"
|___
http://multinet.co.nz/personalhomepages/locusmeus/antechamber.html