Re: freshmeat repository

On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 27, 1998 at 11:21:28AM -0700, George Bonser wrote:
> > would be interesting is converting Debian packages to rpm's with a .dpm
> > extention.  Debian's stuff integrates so well and the default
>
> Hmmm -- if the packages aren't interoperable, despite the common format,
> what would be the point in our changing to rpm? I don't see that dpkg
> works any worse.

No, I wasnt saying to convert debian to rpm, I was saying to offer debian
packages in rpm format so someone with a readhat system could install some
of them.

Example, Red Hat has no well-configured smail, cnews, nntp, uucp.  If
debian packages could be converted to rpm, a person with a Red Hat could
possibly install the better debian packages.

I am not saying to convert the debian archive to rpm.

George Bonser

If I had a catchy quip, it would be here.