Re: A funny little mistake

>> > This is the best thing to try first - although I have seen some things
>> > that even this won't work on.
>> >
>> > Chris
>>
>> Such as what?
>
>WHOA!
>
>This is my chnace to present my most stupid mistake:
>
>root@flora:/tmp# cat /dev/null > -i
>root@flora:/tmp# rm -i
>rm: too few arguments
>Try `rm --help' for more information.

this has nothing to do with shell expansion. it just simply means that
rm assumes everything after '-' to be an option, and treats it as such.
no magic required either, reading the man page will tell you that '--'
means end of options so 'rm -- -i' would actually remove the file.

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |