Re: finding leftovers

On Fri, Apr 17, 1998 at 11:18:38AM -0700, Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella wrote:

> Since we're talking about leftovers, these messages are, AFAIK, due to
> leftovers from some packages, and they are not directories.
>
> Can you tell me how to get rid of them? They appear in some "dpkg -i"
> commands...
>
> ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/i486-linuxaout/libdb.so.1 (No such file or directory), skipping
> ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libext2fs.so (No such file or directory), skipping
> ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libe2p.so (No such file or directory), skipping
> ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libuuid.so (No such file or directory), skipping

I think this is only linker confusion and has its cause by removing
libraries and symlinks and running ldconfig in the wrong order.

Policy about calling ldconfig in package scripts is changing at the moment,
and we hope to have the proper solution implemented for 2.1.

However, I don't think this is an indication for left-overs. Can you try
running ldconfig again after dpkg has finished its job?

Thank you,
Marcus