Re: gzip question

John <laptop@i-zone.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Hello
>
> I have a non accessible (from linux) win95 partition [0]. I have
> downloaded a lot of files onto here that I want to install to linux.
> Some of these files are too large to put onto floppy, so they need to be
> split. I have gzip for dos on win95, also pkzip.
>
> The command for pkzip would be pkzip -e0 -& a:\bla.zip *.*
> What is the equivalent for gzip? How would I stich the files back
> together again?

You may consider trying unzip.

Chris

DESCRIPTION
       unzip  will  list,  test,  or  extract  files  from  a ZIP
       archive, commonly found on MS-DOS  systems.   The  default
       behavior  (with no options) is to extract into the current
       directory (and subdirectories below it) all files from the
       specified ZIP archive.  A companion program, zip(1L), cre?-
       ates ZIP  archives;  both  programs  are  compatible  with
       archives created by PKWARE's PKZIP and PKUNZIP for MS-DOS,
       but in many cases the program options or default behaviors
       differ.