Re: -----> How-to recompile kernel ??????

DOwnload the kernel-source package the kernel-package package I think you
will need dpkg-dev. Change to the /usr/src/linux directory. From a text
terminal run

make menuconfig

from and X-term try

make xconfig

select your options
save your configuration.
use make-kpkg to make the kernel image like this (assuming 2.0.32)

make-kpkg --bzimage --revision 2.0.32L kernel_image

I put the uppercase L in the revision to distinguish it as a LOCAL build.

WHen it is finished, you will have a kernel_image .deb package in /usr/src

Install it like this:

dpkg -i  kernel-image_2.0.32_2.0.32L-<number>.deb

I for some reason them have to run lilo manually.  Check the /boot
directory to make sure you dont have a broken filename like vmlinuz-
instead of vmlinuz-2.0.32 and if all looks ok, reboot!

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, Pierre Dupuis wrote:

> 	Hello !!µ
>

> I just wondering about how to recompile the kernel on the debian ??
>
> (it is to make my sound card working properly)
>
> Bye
>
> --
> Pierre Dupuis
> Rédacteur du Music Review
> http://home.nordnet.fr/~pdupuis
>

> --

George Bonser

If I had a catchy quip, it would be here.

http://www.debian.org