PGCC package?

Has anyone had any experience of using PGCC with Debian?  I'm
surprised that there isn't a package available for it, or even any
trying to create one (according to the prospective packages list).

Has there been any discussion as to whether pre-compiled Pentium
binaries should be made optionally available?  It's going to be a PITA
downloading the source and recompiling for *every* upgrade of *every*
package I want speeded up.

I realise that there's a lot of pre-Pentium technology out there, but
couldn't at least the most speed-critical parts of the OS (certain
libraries, etc) have PGCC versions available directly from Debian?

Rob Wilderspin.
--
"But I need it to crash once every few days -
reboots are the only chance I get to sleep..."