Re: Help: PCBIT on Linux

jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl wrote:

> - What's the problem? Connecting? or getting Linux to recognise your card?

  I can't get Linux to load firmware of my ISDN card.

> - What's the exact card number & version? Is it ISA, PCI, or something else?

  The number & version I only know if I open my PC, I think! There isn't no
reference on manual.  If it will be really necessary, tell me, please.

  It's a ISA card !

  PCBIT-D is a active ISDN card, which means, that has a processor incorporated
so the main processor
don't have so "much work". I hope my english would be understood, in some way! :)

> - What kernel are you using (ISDN was more or less broken before 2.0.33)?

  I'm using kernel 2.0.30 ! I never had PCBIT installed on my computer, but I
think that sincethe kernel 2.0.27 it already works !

 On kernel the options to put are:

--------------------------------------
on Networking Options:
   (...)
   o TCP/IP networking              - <Y>
   o IP: forwarding/gatewaying      - <Y>
   (...)
on Network Device Support:
   (...)
   o PPP (point-to-point) support   - <M>
   (...)
on ISDN subsystem:
   o ISDN support                   - <M>
   o Support Synchrnous PPP         - <Y>
   o Use VJ-compression with...     - <Y>
   o Support generic MP (RFC 1717)  - <Y>
   (...)
   o ICN 2B and 4B support          - <N>
   o PCBIT-D support                - <M>
   o TEles/NICCy101016/creatix....  - <N>
---------------------------------

 Some options which are as modules I put "Y". I think that it isn't the problem !

> - Do the kernel boot messages contain any information about detection of the
>   card?

 On attachement, I send some files than I found on /var that could tell
something. There are, also, the bitd.hex which is the firmware to load doing:

        pcbitctl -l bitd.hex

so i get:

1. Status check OK
2. stpd.{1,2} loaded
3.a linear write mode
3.c stpd.1 writen
3.d stpd.2 writen
4.a load mode
1993-1995

TIMEOUT i=3
load firmware - error in write:Timer expired

> - How do you connect? Is there anything in the logfiles that could help
>   tracking the problem down?

  I didn't still this point - connect :(((

> If you don't supply all relevant information, it's quite understandable that
> you didn't get help on the other lists.

  Thanks. Anything you think which could help, tell. :))

> Ray

   Best regards,        Nuno Carvalho

 Nuno Emanuel F. Carvalho
 Department of Informatics Engineering