Re: Help: PCBIT on Linux

[removed debian-devel@lists.debian.org; user questions don't belong there]

On Sun, Apr 12, 1998 at 12:07:23PM +0200, Nuno Carvalho wrote:
>  I'm trying to install my PCBIT ISDN on Linux without many success ! Could
>  someone help me ? I already tried the apropriate mailing lists but
>  without answer! :(((

You're not supplying any information on which reasonable advice could be
based.

- What's the problem? Connecting? or getting Linux to recognise your card?
- What's the exact card number & version? Is it ISA, PCI, or something else?
- What kernel are you using (ISDN was more or less broken before 2.0.33)?
- Do the kernel boot messages contain any information about detection of the
  card?
- How do you connect? Is there anything in the logfiles that could help
  tracking the problem down?

If you don't supply all relevant information, it's quite understandable that
you didn't get help on the other lists.

Ray
--
UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,