Debian and ISDN: Even more problems

Okay, I am finally able to dial my ISP via the phone lines with some
scripts from ftp://ftp.cistron.nl/pub/cistron/linux/isdn (isdn-init,
isdn-up, isdn-down, they all seem to work fine), the X-windows ISDN load
program shows my ISP's phone number and an online-o-meter is ticking next
to it, but none of my internet programs (ping, lynx, ftp, telnet etc) work
because somehow I can't get a hang of the internet, they all exit with
messages like "Network is unreachable" or "Unable to connect to remote
host". What could be wrong?

- Atte