Re: Desktop: colours and fvwm

"Tristan Day" wrote:
  >fvwm95 won't work. It says it's installed but nothing happens and ovwm comes
  >up instead. If I uninstalled ovwm would fvwm95 take its place? I've
  >installed fvwm95, fvwm-common and fvwm2.

Edit /etc/X11/window-managers.

The first (runnable) program listed gets run unless your personal default
overrides it.

  >Also, how do you change the colours for the desktop and for the windows (eg
  >title bar) ? My colours are distinctly distasteful, but can't seem to change
  >them. xcolors doesn't do anything.

Assuming you are running fvwm2, look into its documentation and change its
configuration files.  The most likely place to put your own preferences is
in /etc/X11/fvwm2/post.hook and /etc/X11/fvwm2/background.color

               ========= A message for Easter =========
God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that
the world through him might be saved. He who believes in him is not
condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he
has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this
is the condemnation: that the light has come into the world, and men
loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
							(John 3:17-19)