Re: Linux On NPR

"Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella" <zorzella@conexware.com> writes:

> Bob Nielsen writes:
> > One thought--did you install netscape with the debian installer?
> Yes.
> > If not,
> > the files may not go where they will be expected.
>
> All the other plug-ins work out-of-the-box. I was impressed the first
> time I clicked on a pdf...
>
> > Did you install netscape before installing rvplayer?
>
> Yes, but, AFAIK, dpkg takes care of that and "upgrades" your plug-ins
> list whenever you install a new program or something... Am I mistaken?
>
> > Which version of Debian are you using?  I'm using hamm and it all worked
> > for me.
>
> Mine is hamm (frozen)... almost everything is very up-to-date!

I had similar problems getting the file from NPR to work after using
the .deb installer for the real player. I ended up following the
advice from the upstream docs, and set the Application preference in
Netscape for 'RealAudio' (_not_ 'RealPlayer(tm) as Plug-in') as
follows:

MIMEType: audio/x-pn-realaudio
Suffixes: ra,ram
Handled By: Application rvplayer %s

This worked, but used the external application rather than the plug-in.

Scott

--
Scott Hanson <shanson@shcon.com>  <shanson@debian.org>
Johmsweg 9, D-21266 Jesteburg, Germany