Re: Multi-tasking

Yo-

>     Is there a way I can multi-task in debian?  Like with Win95, you can
> open two programs and switch between them.  I compare files, and it would
> make my life easier if I could switch between two files, rather then
> editing it, looking at a section, quiting, then editing and comparing it
> with the other.  I use pico when I edit the files.

Yes!  Debian has true multi-tasking.  You didn't mention if you are
running X-Windows or not.  In any case, with X you may act just as if you
are in Windows when editing a file.  If you are using the console just use
your ALT-Key with a FUNCTION-Key at the same time to switch between VT's
or virtual consoles.  So just use ALT-F1,F2 etc. to switch between them.

Hope this helps.

-Ian