Re: Where is XF86_SVGA package?

>Hello all,
>
>I have installed debian 1.3.1 and few other packages. I want to set up X
>now and would like to know what packages do choose? can it be done form
>the command line? Where are the packages(On the CDROM) that deals with X
>server, configuration files and X softwares???
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Regards,
>
>sohel

Basically, you need these packages from the stable/X11 directory on the
website (don't know where they are on the CDROM):
xbase
xfntbase
xfnt75
xserver-VGA16
xlib6g
Copy all these files into a directory on your Debian partition, then
change into that directory and type:
dpkg -i name-of-file.deb
If it comes up with any error messages asking for other files, download
those files, install them using that method, then reinstall the file.
Repeat this for all the files.

Graham Pople (graham@jalna.demon.co.uk)
SNES emulators at Emulation One (http://www.jalna.demon.co.uk/index.htm)
All emulators at E1 Newsletter (http://www.jalna.demon.co.uk/e1news.htm)